Petition regarding health services in the Memphremagog MRC available now
The ‘’Comité de vigie’’ (Health Services Watch Committee) is launching a petition aimed at improving services at the Magog Hospital and at the Potton and Stanstead CLSCs.
The petition form is now available at the Town Hal as well as at several local businesses:
• Shell Gas Station
• Bistro La Chouette
• Reilly House
• Owl’s Bread
• Giroux & Giroux
• Euro Delli du Village
In addition, on September 8 and 9, volunteers will be circulating in the community to collect signatures. The petition will subsequently be tabled in the National Assembly of Quebec.
The petition aims to claim, as a priority, a local governance in Magog; the governance is currently and largely assumed by Sherbrooke. In addition, the petition also seeks to claim:
• The presence of a resident familiar with our local health care on the Board of Directors of the CIUSS Estrie-CHUS;
• The return to Magog of the geriatric short-term unit (it was moved to Sherbrooke);
• The continuity and improvement of services in the Potton and Stanstead CLSCs;
• The granting of additional beds at the Long-Term Care Center;
• The simplification of the parking fee payment system;
• The addition of new specialized services according to the needs of the clientele.
We would be grateful if you would sign this important petition which is one of the important tools of the Comité de vigie. The greater the number of signatories, the greater the impact.
Finally, if you are interested in helping to seek signatures on September 8th and 9th, please let the mayor Jacques Marcoux know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 450 292-3313, extension 234.
Thank you for your important contribution.