Firefighters/First Responders Wanted
Are you looking for a new challenge, or would you like to get involved and help the community? The Fire Department of the Township of Potton is currently looking for candidates to join the first responders and / or firefighter team.
Summary of tasks
Reporting to the officers of the Fire Department, the firefighter – first responder participates in firefighting activities and provides basic medical support during medical emergencies. The duties of this position include:
- Respond to emergency calls according to availability;
- Participate in the maintenance of the fire station, vehicles and equipment;
- Participate in prevention activities as required by the department;
- Participate actively in training and training exercises;
- Perform all other tasks relating to his job requested by his superiors.
- Must be 18 years of age or older;
- Have his/her main residence in the territory of the Township of Potton;
- Be committed to completing the 60-hour first responder training;
- Hold the Firefighter 1 training awarded by the ‘’École nationale des pompiers du Québec’’ or commit to completing it;
- Meet the physical and medical requirements;
- Possess a valid class 4A driver’s license and a motor vehicle or commit to obtaining one within 6 months of hiring;
- Watercraft license and/or class 3 driver’s license for heavy vehicles (an asset).
If you have the required profile or need more information, please contact the Fire Department at 450-292-3313 ext. 240 or firstname.lastname@example.org